Sleep Disorder Clinic
Having a sleep disorder can affect your productivity on the job, in the home and even during recreation. While there are 84 types of sleep disorders, many of them fall into these major categories, which are diagnosed and treated at HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Fort Smith’s Sleep Disorder Center.
- Insomnia – inability to fall asleep or remain asleep
- Narcolepsy – excessive daytime drowsiness and a tendency to fall asleep at inappropriate times
- Obstructive sleep apnea – episodes of interrupted breathing during sleep, as often as 100 times per night, lasting up to one minute each
- REM behavior disorder – loss of motor inhibition during rapid eye movement (REM) stage of sleep when most vivid dreaming occurs
- Restless leg syndrome – occurs while one is awake and is distinguished by extreme discomfort and/or pain the legs
Who is the HealthSouth Sleep Disorder Center?
- The sleep center is accredited by The Joint Commission and the first sleep center in Fort Smith to be accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- Two board certified sleep specialist physicians on staff
- Specialized staff offering 120 years of combined experience
- Open Monday – Friday
- Day and night testing available on individuals 5 years of age and older
- Self referrals welcome
- Blue Cross Blue Shield, Medicare and other insurance accepted
- Financial scholarship program and payment plans available
Benefits of treating sleep apnea
Early detection and treatment of sleep apnea can help prevent the following conditions:
- Congestive heart failure
- Heart arrhythmias
- Heart attack
Symptoms of sleep apnea
- Breathing stopped during sleep
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Frequent urination
- High blood pressure
- Loud snoring
- Morning headaches
- Night sweats
- Poor concentration
- Weight problems
For more information on our Sleep Disorder Center or to schedule an appointment, please call 479 785-8551.
See Our Hospital
Join us for a virtual tour of our hospital where you will see our patient rooms, exercise facilities, and more. You can also set up a personal tour by calling our hospital.
Learn more »
Get in Touch with Us
Contact us to learn more about our rehabilitation programs or to set up a tour at our hospital.
Learn more »
By demonstrating compliance with The Joint Commission’s national standards for healthcare quality and safety, our hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission.
Read More »